Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Day 7 - Church, Chicken, Chips, and Chapati

On Sunday, we met for church in the dining hall at Naomi’s Village. Jacob was preaching the service, and I was leading the older kids’ lesson. I used some Kids’ Village curriculum that I brought to teach about God’s faithfulness to Abraham and Sarah in giving them a son. We talked about how God was faithful even when Abraham was faithless.



I love how the KV curriculum defines the attributes of God. “Faithful” is one of those words that gets thrown around a lot to describe God, but I don’t think a lot of people really grasp what it means. I know I didn’t for the longest time. In Kids’ Village, we say that faithful means God always does what He says He will do. So every promise God made to His people in Scripture He was faithful to bring to fruition. We can also trust that those promises that haven’t yet been fulfilled, He is still going to do.

It was great to have Bonface and Bob sitting in on the lesson. They were able to extend it and provide real life applications of this truth about God. Bob took this time to talk to the kids about the promises God had made to him concerning Naomi’s Village. So, these kids were hearing about the promises of God concerning their own lives. What a great application of a lesson. God does what He says He will do, and this is what He’s said concerning your life. It doesn’t get much more applicable than that.

After church, we went to Fave Grill in Maai Mahiu for chicken, chips, and chapati. I had a chicken neck. I didn’t even realize that was a part you could eat.

That night, we made nachos and brownies for the kids. After dinner, the team hung out in the guesthouse living room and we played Signs. Some of my favorite memories of our trip happened late at night just hanging out and playing games. We were lucky to have a team where all our personalities meshed well. A day didn’t go by without someone saying something that had the entire team rolling in laughter.

This is my favorite picture of our team. Notice Kathy. And the crazy huge table. Notice it!


TOMORROW: Final day of teacher training

No comments:

Post a Comment