Saturday, June 22, 2013

An Introduction

Journaling is not something that comes easily for me. Any previous attempt at it lasted three days at the longest. I think the biggest part is that I hate my handwriting. Also, I'm lazy.

That being said, I knew that if I didn't keep a written record of everything that we saw and did in Kenya, I would forget it. So many things happened that had such an impact on me, that trying to rely on my memory to share stories with others wouldn't do it justice. So with that, I am going to try to dedicate a separate blog to each day that I was at Naomi's Village. My goal is to review the notes I took during the trip and publish once a day. That probably won't happen because I'll be at kids camp with my church all of next week. We'll see.

A quick shout out to everyone who prayed for us and sent notes of encouragement. I guess I underestimated how much a short term trip can shatter your worldview, and I did not adequately prepare myself through prayer. So thank you for praying. I think that the Lord was gracious to allow me to soak it all in and avoid being overwhelmed by it all.

Also, if you sponsored me financially at all (by buying a t-shirt or sending me a check), THANK YOU! This wouldn't have been possible without you. You not only blessed me, you blessed Naomi's Village and Cornerstone Preparatory Academy. I am truly grateful.

Ryan


1 comment:

  1. I agree wholeheartedly with everything you've said here, Ryan. Shatter our worldview...indeed. It was a glorious week, filled with majestic, glorious, amazing and sometimes even funny moments. Thankful to have spent these 11 days with such an incredible team. I look forward to reading your future posts. ~Kathy

    ReplyDelete